Jonesboro State Bank
- At Jonesboro State Bank, our mission is to meet the desires of our customers. As financial services professionals entrusted with sensitive financial information, we respect the privacy of our customers and are committed to treating customer information responsibly. Our Customer Information Privacy Principles serve as standards for all Jonesboro State Bank employees for collection, use, retention, and security of individual customer information.
- We recognize your right to privacy at Jonesboro State Bank; we recognize that you have a right to expect your personal financial information to remain private and secure. We will maintain standards to ensure that your information is private and secure at all times.
- At Jonesboro State Bank, we believe the confidentiality and protection of customer information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. While information is critical to providing quality service, we recognize that one of our most important assets is our customers’ trust. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority for Jonesboro State Bank.
Customer Benefits of Institution’s Information Management Practices
- Information about consumers is accumulated from a variety of sources. Some information is provided to Jonesboro State Bank directly by customers themselves. Other data is developed by Jonesboro State Bank as a function of providing a product or service to a customer. Still other information is obtained from outside sources. We will limit the use and collection of information about our customers to that which is necessary to administer our business, provide superior service, and offer opportunities that we think will be of interest to customers. This means that we will use information to help us identify and mitigate potential risks or loss to Jonesboro State Bank. We will use information to help identify additional products or services, which we believe customers, might want to know about. We will use this information only in accordance with the principles set out in this Policy.
- We collect, retain and use information about you only where we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to you. We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes – and we will tell you why we are collecting and retaining it upon your request. We use information to protect and administer your records, accounts, and funds; to comply with certain laws and regulations; to help us design or improve our products and services; and to understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with quality products and services. Our Use of Information provisions explain these concepts in greater detail.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
- Jonesboro State Bank has established procedures to ensure that your financial information is accurate, current and complete, in keeping with reasonable commercial standards. We also pledge to respond to request to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your accounts. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies.
Limitations on Employee Access to Information
- Each Jonesboro State Bank employee is required to follow our Company’s “Code of Conduct” which states that all customer information is considered private and privileged and is to be used solely for the purpose of providing you with the finest service available.
- At Jonesboro State Bank, employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and on these Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all Jonesboro State Bank employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
- Jonesboro State Bank is committed to the security of your financial and personal information. All of our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects your account information from being accessed by third parties. We maintain and grant access to customer information only in accordance with our internal security standards.
- We safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these information principles.
Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information
- When it comes to sharing customer information with unaffiliated companies, Jonesboro State Bank places strict limits on who receives specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data. Jonesboro State Bank may share information with such companies if they provide a product or service that may benefit our customers. Whenever we do this, we carefully review the company and the product or service to make sure that it provides value to our customers. We share the minimum amount of information necessary for that company to offer its product or service.
We may also share information with unaffiliated companies when: they assist us in providing our products and services to our customers; in the normal course of our business (for example, with consumer reporting agencies and government agencies); it is legally required or permitted in connection with fraud investigations and litigation; in connection with acquisitions and sales; and at the request or with the permission of a customer.
- We do not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to parties for their independent use unless: 1) you request or authorize it; 2) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you; 3) the information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency; or 4) the disclosure otherwise is lawfully permitted or required. We do not provide account information to companies for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any nonfinancial product or service of those companies.
- It is the bank’s policy not to reveal specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except for the exchange of information with reputable information reporting agencies to maximize the accuracy and security of such information or in the performance of bona fide corporate due diligence or business matter, unless 1) the information is provided to help complete a customer initiated transaction; 2) the customer requests or permits it; 3) the disclosure is required by or allowed by law (e.g., subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, request by regulator, etc).
Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships With Third Parties
- When we do provide customer information to a third party, we will insist – through a written agreement – that the third party adhere to privacy principles similar to those to which Jonesboro State Bank adheres for keeping this information confidential.
- When the bank conducts business with third parties, it requires its vendors and suppliers to maintain similar standards of conduct regarding the privacy of personally identifiable customer information provided to them.
Providing Privacy Information to Customers and Responding to Inquires
- Thereafter, the disclosure will be provided to the customer at least once in any period of 12 consecutive months during which that relationship exists. The notices are sent out to all customers with checking/savings accounts during the month of December also. Customers with safe deposit boxes are sent out a notice in January of each year when their box payment comes due.
- At Jonesboro State Bank, we value our customer relationships. We want you to understand how we use the information you provide and our commitment to ensuring your personal privacy. If you have any questions about how Jonesboro State Bank protects your confidential information; please call us at 318-259-4411.
- Jonesboro State Bank recognizes and respects the privacy expectations of our customers. We want our customers to understand our commitment to privacy in our use of customer information. As a result of our commitment, we have developed these Privacy Principles which are made readily available to our customers. Customers who have questions about these Privacy Principles or have questions about the privacy of their customer information should call the Jonesboro State Bank at 318-259-4411
Back to the top